In 1973 a handful of dedicated Christians had a vision for a Methodist Church in Tool, Texas. Through their efforts, the leadership of Rev. Buford Finley and the cooperation of Trinidad United Methodist Church plans began.
The church was formally organized in 1974 with 23 members and was named Cedar Creek Lake United Methodist Church. The first services were held in Tool City Hall.
In February 1975, the first worship was conducted in the first sanctuary with 38 charter members.
On May 4, 1980 the second sanctuary was consecrated and the first fellowship hall was built in 1982. Sunday brunch became a tradition. The food pantry and community Christmas dinner serve the needs of the whole community and have continued to grow.
The third sanctuary was consecrated on February 3, 1991 with 428 members and seating capacity of 460. And, in 1998 the second fellowship hall was built.
Our fund raisers have included the annual bazaar held every November, a spring garage sale and an annual golf tournament, fish fries, chicken dinners and hot dogs.
We have supported the Tool Elementary School with school supplies, coats & shoe drives, weekend food program, mentoring, Christmas angel tree, donuts for dads and muffins for moms. Our children’s programs include district camp, confirmation classes, and youth night.
Our Sunday classes begin at 9:00 a.m. Worship service at 10:00 a.m. You can listen to the Sunday service on KCKL 95.9 fm.
Cedar Creek Lake United Methodist Church
100 South Old Indian Trail Tool, TX 75143-1504 Mailing Address: PO.Box 43175 Seven Points, TX, 75143
Copyright © 2021 CCLUMC - All Rights Reserved.